Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Wasn't October just so much fun??? I love all the writing, science and art activities that this month allows to really get students super excited about learning! I mean..... who doesn't want to learn about nouns using Halloween creatures or about adjectives to describe witches and frankenstein? Did I mention experimenting with pumpkins and learning to make predictions while searching for a candy bandit?
 
We wrapped up our month of fun with a Halloween celebration. This morning we divided up into 4 groups and rotated through a variety of Halloween centres which included some Math number games, sticker patterning, Frankenstein ABC order, and a cute jack-o-lantern craftivity.
 
 
Halloween Centre Rotations
 

 
 After recess we watched a wonderful movie called "The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin". This movie is about a very unique pumpkin and delivers a special message of tolerance and self-acceptance. Next, several students chose to visit a fun and exciting haunted house put together by some wonderful parents. Finally after lunch, the entire school participated in a Halloween parade to show off our amazing costumes.
 

Little Red Riding Hood and Medusa

 
So many amazing costumes!



Such a fun day! AND...the kids couldn't have been more excited or thrilled about the whole thing! 
 
I hear few more trick-or-treaters knocking at my front door. Time for me to hand out the last of the Halloween candy. Hope you are enjoying your night of trick-or-treats!
Have fun and be safe!
 
- Mrs. Singh

2 comments:

  1. All the children looked great!! Some really fun costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it, but I thought it might get too confusing. So I went with just sing-ing. Now you have me wishing I had made it that way.

    ReplyDelete